9 December 2016

Christmas Gift Guide: Affordable Beauty

Christmas Gift Guide: Affordable Beauty


Hi guys!

So we're well into December now and it's now possible to celebrate Christmas without the cynics going "it's way too early for Christmas!" 

I thought I would bring a little Christmas to the blog by showing you what you can get the beauty lovers in your life this Christmas (or yourself if you need a treat)!




Obviously I made a video to go alongside this post, which you can watch below if you prefer watching rather than reading or you can continue scrolling down to see what my picks are for beauty this Christmas.



If you enjoyed the video then please head over to my YouTube channel and subscribe, your support means a lot!

1) Tanya Burr - Beautifully Defined Palette £10




First of all, let's talk about the packaging of this palette from Tanya Burr's Christmas range. It looks like the most beautifully wrapped present, and the glitter just screams Christmas which makes it the perfect present.


To start I need to talk about the Caramel Kisses bronzer  in this palette. I'm going to make a large statement and say this bronzer is the best I have ever tried, it's not orange or glittery, it's matte and the perfect shade to contour with. The highlighter, Champagne Shimmer, is very subtle but a perfect shade for Winter. I love a good highlight but in the colder months I definitely prefer a less intense shimmer!


The palette also contains a liquid highlight, again this is a subtle highlight, I'm yet to use it on my face but when I swatched it on my hand it blended out very sheer. I think I'll be using this highlight in the Summer when I want more of a luminous glow.


The palette also contains three eye-shadows, the lighter of the two are bronzy shades and the third is a dark smokey brown. These shadows are all extremely pigmented, a lot more pigmented than I expected for the price!

If you've got a beauty lover who also loves YouTube and T.B then I would highly recommended this beautiful palette.

2) Sleek - Matte Me Minis £5



This next set is from Sleek, in the set you get 4 of their Matte Me liquid lipsticks in miniature form.



You get two red shades, a dark and a bright, and two mauve shades again a dark and a lighter one.


Something I also really love about this set is the matte black tops, it's very similar to the Nars packaging and has a luxurious feel to it.

3) Seventeen - Sparkle and Shine Lip-gloss Set £6




This next set is from a brand I haven't tried very much from, Seventeen. When I'm in Boots I tend to get overwhelmed by the amount of makeup their is on offer and I often skip over the Seventeen stand. However, when I was looking for things to put in this gift guide I thought this would be an excellent choice as I actually don't own many lip glosses and thought I should add to my collection.



I think this would be a perfect set for younger beauty lovers. It has a range of colours, meaning there's a perfect gloss for any makeup look.

4) Benefit - Happy Beauty Day £9.95



https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/uk/en-gb/product/happy-beauty-day




Benefit are the Queens of a good set, they always have a range of prices too. This is one of their cheaper sets and is a great gift for any girl who likes her high end makeup (especially if you don't have the money for those high end gifts - which I think is most of us)!

In the set you get three minis, a Porefessional, a Benetint and Bad Gal Lash.

5) B. - Contour Set £20(ish)



(No link - available in stores)



If you know you want to buy beauty for someone but have no idea what to get then I'd suggest just buy them a brush set as you can never have too many brushes. I picked this one up from B. cosmetics, I really like these brushes as they're super soft and dense.

There are so many brush sets on the market that there's definitely one for every budget, all you have to do is search!


I hope this post has given you some inspiration for the beauty lover in your life. If you have any other suggestions then let us all know in the comments down below!

Don't forget to subscribe to us on bloglovin, the link is in the sidebar.

Love
Katie
xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...