21 May 2016

How I Got Colourpop to the UK and What I Ordered

How I Got Colourpop to the UK and What I Ordered!


It's fair to say that I've been lusting over the Colourpop products for a while now. Ever since they first started appearing everywhere on social media I knew I wanted to try these affordable products. However, being from the UK I realised it would be quite difficult to get my hands on any of the products!

ColourPop Lippie Stix, Ultra Matte Lip and Ultra Satin Lip and Eyeshadow


I tried to order a range of Colourpop's different products so I could see which type I liked the most. As you can see from above I ordered one 'Lippie Stix,' one 'Ultra Matte Lip,' one 'Ultra Satin Lip' and an eyeshadow.

Colourpop Creeper and Brooklyn

As I am sure you are aware, Colourpop's liquid lipsticks seem to be the most popular of their products. I can tell you that so far I am really impressed with these lipsticks, not only do I love the colours (I ordered 'Creeper' and 'Brooklyn') but they also seem to have a great formula, they are opaque with one coat as well as soft and smooth. They also have great staying power (it took me two days to get the swatch mark off my arm!)

Colourpop Creeper, Toucan and Brooklyn

The 'Lippie Stix' I ordered is in the shade 'Toucan,' I really love the colour of this, although when I tried it on it was a little patchy but I'm sure that would be fixed if I exfoliated my lips before hand.

Colourpop Creeper, Toucan, Envy and Brooklyn

I think I was most excited for the eyeshadow, I ordered it in the shade 'Envy' which is a smoky black colour with purple flecks running throughout. These photos really don't show how gorgeous this eyeshadow is, however I did post a video that shows it a lot better on our twitter! The texture of the eyshadow is almost gel like, it definitely isn't a cream eyeshadow but it's not a powder either. However, it does set down to a powder consistency.

Colourpop Creeper, Toucan, Envy and Brooklyn

Now for the part I bet you're all wondering about - how did I get these products to the UK? I've seen many people spend a fortune on using separate shipping companies to get their hands on these products and I'm not the type of person who is willing to do that. I would say that my method is far easier and cheaper if you have the opportunity to do it. Personally, I took advantage of a work trip my Dad was taking to get my hands on these products. I ordered directly from the Colourpop website to his hotel. At times I thought it was impossible to do this, however I found a way around all the issues and I'm going to tell you exactly what I did!

Colourpop Creeper, Toucan, Envy and Brooklyn

Firstly, make sure you sign up for their newsletter as when you do you will receive a $5 off voucher which covers the cost of shipping. Next, choose what you want and add it to your basket (obviously!) Once you have done this go to the checkout. At the checkout you will be asked for a billing and shipping address. It only allows you to put American addresses' in so for the billing address just write the hotel's again! In the shipping address make sure you write the person's name who is staying at the hotel if it is not your own! I then used paypal to make sure the transaction would go through as they will do all the currency conversion for you! It really is that simple! Make sure you order in plenty of time so it arrives at the hotel whilst you, your friend or family member are there! I also suggest notifying the hotel that you are expecting a parcel so they don't send it back! As long as the person travelling back to the UK is bringing back less than £390 worth of goods then you should not be charged customs.

Colourpop Creeper, Toucan, Envy and Brooklyn Swatches

I really hope this has given you an idea of how to get Colourpop to the UK if you or someone you know is travelling to America! However, I know not everyone will have access to opportunities like that so I am going to link a UK website that stocks some Colourpop items (although the prices are slightly higher than they are in the states!) Just to give you an idea my order came to around £15. I will also link a blog post I found as to how to get it shipped to the UK.

Shipping to the UK
UK stockist

Have you tried anything from Colourpop? If so what are your favourite products? Let us know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading!

Katie
xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...