29 March 2016

The Naked 2 Basics

The Naked 2 Basics 


The packaging of the Naked Basics 2 palette
Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics

I would probably class Urban Decay as one of my favourite makeup brands. Anyone who has an interest in makeup will recognise the brand name instantly and most likely associate it with the Naked palettes. 

For my birthday (which was a few months ago now), Hannah bought me the Naked 2 Basics palette. Having lusted over this palette for a while, I had a good idea what the small wrapped present was going to be when I finally got the chance to open it!


Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Eyeshadows
Skimp, Stark, Frisk, Cover, Primal, Undone

Having owned this palette for over two months now I can tell you that it certainly lives up to the Naked 'hype.' If you are looking for a cool matte neutrals palette of high quality then I would definitely recommend this one! Not only are the shadows creamy, pigmented and blend-able, but they are also the perfect shades to create simple daytime looks as well as smoky night time ones too!

Swatches of Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Eyeshadows
Swatches left to right: Skimp, Stark, Frisk, Cover, Primal, Undone

Personally, I love matte shadows but it's hard to find a palette that only includes mattes! With the exception of the highlight shade 'Skimp' (which is a satin finish) all the shadows in the Basics 2 palette are matte, meaning they're the perfect selection to use on their own or as bases/transition shades for more shimmery looks!

Retailing at £23, it is certainly not the cheapest palette out there but I would say it is definitely worth the money if you fancy a little splurge!



Katie
xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...